Before to buy a house
What advice to give before selecting a house? Before all procedures ...
Before buying a house, you must restrain your emotions. Even if it is the "favorite", you must stay cool and lucid, and consider the acquisition on its merits.
Do not count on the vendor to alert you to possible disadvantages.
And here is a list of things to check ...
- Primarily, to learn about services available nearby. Stores, hospitals, post office. This will simplify the life thereafter.
- Needless to say it is inconceivable even for an investment, to buy an apartment on the basis of a brochure, as much deemed is the manufacturer. Brochures are made to encourage the purchase, they does not contain any negative information.
- Learn about local taxes, which vary from one place to another. Some municipalities have exorbitant taxes.
- Common costs also vary depending on the buildings, the presence of a park increases them.
- Come on the site at different times of the day. Mainly in the afternoon and evening. The neighborhood is actually the most important aspect because you can do work on the house, but you can not change neighbors if they are noisy.
- It is better to buy a poor house in a beautiful neighborhood than a good house in an unlivable environment... you can always arrange the house.
- Take exterior and interior photos from different angles. This will help to stand back and judge objectively.
- New wallpaper can hide traces of moisture or cracks in walls. Worse even if the walls are covered with panelings. Foreshadow of major works.
- Examine the possibility for corrosion in pipes.
- The tiles or slates are they faded or cracked? You may need to redo the roof.
- For a new house, drafts near windows or exterior doors indicate improper installation. Therefore a poor job that could affect the whole house.
- Some walls must be thin. It is conceivable to demolish one to enlarge a room, especially between the lounge and kitchen, the others must be thick to isolate from noise.
- In USA, get an Inspection Report, or similar document in other countries. This should guarantee against hidden defects, including plumbing, electricity etc.
- Do not buy without a sales agreement signed before a notary in some countries. In USA you can hire an attorney. Verify the authenticity of the seller.
- Finally, with respect to the real estate agent, the best attitude is to be enthusiastic. The seller will not lower the price because you do not like the house, he will just see you like a uncertain customer. Rather it is better to list the works that appear unavoidable, it is the only thing that can justify a lower price.
- SpotCrime. Before to move to a new town, know the neighborhood.
Visit always before to buy