Photography: Cameras and techniques
Here we are dedicated to cameras as complements to smartphones to capture moments of life and keep images of them forever.
Smartphones now have amazing image quality, especially in low light. Yet camera makers are as interested in computational photography for low light, that the Incas were in the progress the conquistadors could bring them.
But despite the progress of smartphones in photography, the images often seem artificial and cameras remain also relevant for the image quality, the zoom and in prolonged use offer unparalleled comfort and autonomy.
This alternative world that the film shows, try to find it around you ...
Which camera to choose?
- Full frame or APS-C? What to choose?
A larger sensor has its advantages over a camera, an average sensor has its advantages ...
- Canon, Fuji, Sony, Micro 4/3, choose a system
What is the best system for taking quality images without carrying heavy equipment?
- Choose a camera according to the sensor
Which one has the best dynamic range and the best ISO sensitivity?
- Canon EOS M6 II vs Sony A6600 vs Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z50
Among the four best compact APS-C hybrids, which is the most versatile?
- The most compact hybrids
Mirrorless in a compact form and cheap.
- Lumix GX9 vs G100 and Olympus E-M10 III
For travel or urban exploration, which camera to use?
- Sony A6100 vs Canon M50 vs Panasonic GX9 vs Fujifilm X-T200
APS-C, the most popular sensor format, or M43 in cheap cameras.
Canon EOS M50 vs Sony A6500/A6400 vs Fujifilm X-T30
The most popular hybrid cameras. Which one should I buy? With a 400mm lens you get an image enlarged up to 1200 times on an APS-C.
- Fujifilm X-E4 vs X-T200 vs X-S10 vs X-T30
Fuji specializes in APS-C and gives the most in these cameras.
- The best Micro 4/3 camera
Ideal for video, action, nature, they have features not available on larger sensor cameras.
- Which bridge camera with giant zoom to choose?
If you need very long-range binoculars, which also allow you to keep the images, a bridge is the solution. Comparison of Canon SX70 vs Panasonic FZ82 vs Nikon P950 vs Kodak AZ901.
- Which is the best camera for a trip?
Comparing the Sony DSC-HX90, Nikon Coolpix A900, Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS70/TZ90, Canon Powershot SX740.
Which lens to choose?
- Comparison of full-frame lenses.
- Comparison of APS-C lenses.
- Comparison of Micro 4/3 lenses.
- Fujifilm XC 15-45 and Canon EF-M 15-45 compared
Opinions are divided on these lenses, sometimes praised, sometimes denigrated. Laboratory tests give a more objective assessment.
- Viltrox EF EOS M2 speedbooster test
This adapter allows the use of an EF lens on an EF-M mount with an wider angle of view and a doubled aperture.
- The illusion of cheap zoom: Opteka 500mm or 650-1300mm
These lens are fascinating because of their low price compared to the brand lenses. Should we buy them?
- The quality of vintage camera lenses
How to make good images almost for free... if you choose the right model.
- What lens for my camera?
List of all lens mounts and corresponding cameras.
- Characteristics of camera lenses by acronyms
For each brand of objectives, the acronyms make it possible to choose a model according to its essential characteristics.
- Compatibility of EF lenses with E-mount adapters
Which Canon EF mount lenses can work on Sony cameras with the Commlite, Yongnuo or Fotodiox adapter?